Tuesday 11 December 2012

Month 13: Still Oozing...

Winter does not suit me.

I have noticed a bit of a downturn in my skin since the cold weather set in and sadly, the dreaded ooze has returned. BOO!!!!!

It isn't too bad though. It is not the yellow, thick ooze that plagued me in the early days of TSW. It is the "sticky sweat" ooze, which dries on contact with air.

I am fine during the day, but at night, the skin in my neck crease and round my ears gets damp and sticky. Sometimes the whole are from my chin to my chest is wet and sticky. If I lie on my back, the air dries the ooze very quickly, but it returns, depending on which side I lie in the bed.

When the morning comes, I can smell the metallic scent of the ooze (yuk) and the affected skin is dry and powdery. A dab of moisturiser usually has me back to normal and facing the day.

My face isn't particularly bad, but my chin and neck are quite rashy. My neck hasn't been this bad in a long while.

Still, it is not really interfering with day to day life, so I carry on regardless.My body skin is generally good, with just a tiny rash on my inner arms.

Bring on the summer.

No comments: