Friday 7 December 2012

Connecting Through ITSAN and Blogging

Today I realized how fantastic a resource ITSAN can be for connecting people.

I love it when people email me from around the world or leave comments on my blog. I know that steroid addiction is a huge worldwide problem and it affects thousands of people.

A few days ago I had a comment on my blog from a lovely lady in Australia. She emailed me about how tough she was finding TSW. The trouble is, that I am in the UK and as much as I would like to chat or visit those suffering, geography prevents me!

This is where ITSAN came in. I was able to put out a call on the Itsan forum for those living near Geelong, where she was located. Several people replied and I have been able to send them all each others email addresses in the hope that they can meet up and maybe form a small group!

I also know that fellow bloggers Jake and Liz and Josh live near the Melbourne area so I hope that at some point they will be able to connect with the group too.

So thanks to Itsan for bringing people together. Some of the members in LA have had a meet up and it is the turn of the London crew next month. Steroid withdrawal is tough and it helps to have individuals who can steer you through it.

No comments: