Monday 11 June 2012

Day 204 Staying Upbeat

Had a crazy day running round like a headless chicken, boxing up the endless amount of junk in our house ready for the move on Wednesday.

The stress has made me pretty itchy and I keep scratching away at my arms. I think it is because scratching releases endorphins! I am also drinking pints of chamomile and valerian tea to try and put myself into a herbal tea-induced stupor and calm myself down.

I'm hoping that my skin will settle once we have moved. We won't be so near the motorway, so I'm hoping that my asthma will improve. The new house has laminate flooring instead of carpets, so it should help keep the allergens down.

People often comment and ask me how I can be so upbeat and positive during the hell of steroid withdrawal.

The answer has to do with the difference between suffering and endurance.

Suffering is when you feel pain and there is no way out.

With endurance, the pain is just as real, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It is that hope that helps you to endure the pain and cope with it.

Yes, rebound from steroid creams is awful. The symptoms are vicious and nasty and disabling.

BUT

The 2000 people that Dr Rap has healed, along with the many, many more in Japan and other countries who have posted their testimonies and photos on the Internet prove to me that it is possible to have lovely, eczema-free skin at the end of this.

And that is why I am positive and upbeat. Not because steroid withdrawal is easy, but because I believe I will heal, even if it takes several years.

No comments: