Saturday 7 April 2012

Day 139 My Current TSW Routine

My skin is doing OK. I think the oozing on my neck is letting up a bit, which is a relief, and the weeping patches on my legs haven't needed dressings on them for a couple of days now.

The skin is tolerable, but still has a long way to go before it looks normal. I am still leaving a flaky trail of dead skin wherever I go and have to hoover all the time, otherwise the house would look like a ski resort.

I'm sticking to my routine of using Skin MD, Salcura Dermaspray and Body Shop hemp cream to moisturise the driest areas, but trying to use as little cream as I can, as I don't want to provoke a skin reaction. I use a generic OTC antihistamine at night to prevent me itching, and wear socks over my hands so that I don't scratch. I bath in epsom salts every couple of days, which helps with the turnover of new skin and is very soothing. I drink gallons of dandelion and burdock tea, but usually switch to chamomile and valerian tea at bedtime to help me sleep better. I try and eat healthily, but don't restrict myself or deny myself treats. I don't tend to bother with alcohol, as it has always caused me a bad skin reaction, so I tend to avoid it out of habit.

As for day to day activities, I am back to normal now and able to do everything I used to do before withdrawals.

Life is getting back on track. I wish I looked as good as I felt, but I know that I will soon.

No comments: