Thursday 29 March 2012

Day 130 (photos)

Feeling Ok today, but trying to stay out of the bright sun. I thought I would post some more progress pictures.

So as you can see, my face is not too bad. Slightly pink but not too bad! My neck is slightly raw but has a bit more movement than yesterday. I wouldn't be embarrassed to go out in public with my skin like this. I am using a bit of hemp cream to combat the flakiness but I am trying to use the smallest amount I can get away with, because I don't want to cause a skin reaction. The facial skin tends to go through a flushing and flaking cycle.
This is an updated picture of my calf area, where I have had a bad leg wound for a couple of months (see my previous photo entries). These weepy leg wounds are really hard to get rid of, but I have been following the moist healing method and using vaseline and a dressing on the wound every day. The picture shows that the skin is returning to normal on my leg and there is no "wound" any more, although I have another similar patch on my right leg, which is also responding well to the moist healing.

All in all the skin is pretty good and improving daily. My neck is still oozing at night, so last night I used a silk scarf to combat the wetness. My sleep pattern is slightly disrupted due to the oozing skin. I am trying to exercise more and eat less to combat the weight gain I have experienced due to sitting on the sofa a lot during my withdrawal! Weighed myself this morning and I have lost a pound, so it is all good!

I contacted the British Skin Foundation about Red Skin Syndrome and my experiences with the condition. I am really interested to hear what they have to say on the issue.

1 comment:

Joey V. said...

I have a thigh that was weepy for a couple of months and it stopped and now it is kind of raw again. I think I scratch it in my sleep and the skin is very thin in that area. I never used steroids on my thighs or legs at all. Weird! Good blog my friend. :)