Wednesday 28 March 2012

Day 129 Exercise and TSW

I'm feeling a bit fragile today. The skin on my face burned slightly when I woke up. This could indicate a flare. It is really hard to tell. All of my skin feels a little sore and raw. I'm flaking a lot around my neck and limb flexures.

I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in ages and was horrified to see that I had put on 5lb since quitting steroid creams at the end of November, especially as most people lose weight during steroid withdrawal. I think it is because I have had to slow down my daily activities considerably and I have also been ravenously hungry during bad skin flares, which is a bad combination!

I tried to do a workout on the Wii yesterday to try and combat the weight gain. it was a bit of a disater. First of all, I didn't realise how stiff my neck was until I tried exercising. The skin was so tight on my neck that I had to hold it rigid, which was really uncomfortable. My leg and elbow flexures are also tight and sore, so dancing around the living room was going to hurt! I gave up after 5 minutes. I am monitoring what I eat and trying to take more gentle exercise to stay active. I used to take the kids to school in the morning, which was a good, 30 minute walk, but my husband does it now, as my skin is always worst first thing in the morning, but losing this morning workout has obviously impacted on my weight.

Exercise is hard when you can't move your neck or limbs!

No comments: