Thursday 8 March 2012

Day 109 Setting Up ITSAN

Flare 6 is still going, which surprises me, as usually my flares are limited to a week. I wonder if this one is going to be a 2 or 3 weeker. I feel a bit cheated this time, as I only had a few good skin days between flares number 5 and 6 and I would love some more good skin days.

Once I got the kids off to school, I was straight into the bath for an hour long soak in epsom salts. I really needed it, as my skin was very wet and I was starting to notice the "smell of death"!

My hair is all sticky with ooze. I may need to get it cut again. I also have a new oozy patch on  my chin, and the back of my neck is damp. Ugh.

I have parents evening later at the school. I think I will stick a paper bag on my head for that!

I just wonder when this thing will peak. I want to get to the stage where I am over the worst of it. Some say 6 months. That seems a long way away.

On a positive note, Kelly, the founder of the addictedskin website, is starting up an organisation called ITSAN, International Topical Steroid Addiction Network. The aim of ITSAN will be to educate people about the dangers of topical steroid addiction. I feel passionately about this. Just look at the photos on this blog to see what overuse of steroid creams can do to your skin. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

No comments: