Wednesday 8 May 2013

Connecting With Other Red Skin Friends

In January, I had the lovely experience of meeting up with others going through TSW. It was a really emotional and special experience for me, because it was the first time I had met anyone going through this. We all had a shared connection and it was great to chat together and talk about our experiences with TSW.

The thing that hit me was how alike we all looked.Sitting round that table in a cafe in London, we must have looked strange to those passing by. Maybe they thought we had all eaten something spicy and gone red!

Anyway, fast forward a few months and I get the chance to meet another red skinner in the flesh. And not just any red-skinner, but my favourite TSW blogger "Miss Kitty Fantastico". And no, that is not her real name, though it would be cool if it was.

She emailed me saying that she happened to be in my neck of the woods and would I like to meet up in Ikea for a coffee?

Absolutely.

We had a great time chatting (although at one point a random kid hit me on the head with a balloon) and it was great to meet Kitty. I should have asked for an autograph, but instead, I got a photo.
I would encourage all the TSW'ers out there to try and connect with others locally who are going through this. We can encourage others, spread a bit of hope and make new friends.Thank you Kitty for taking the time out to meet up with me.

On the subject of spreading hope, here is a photo of my face today. The sun has been doing its work and my skin is feeling amazing!
I am getting whiter by the day! Most people have been out in the sun and look redder than me at the moment.

My skin feels more supple and the oils are coming back. There are less dry areas and less bleeding.

I am also getting the chance to bare my arms in the sun, so my whole body is responding well.

What a great week; meeting a TSW friend AND getting some sunshine. Bonus!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank *you* for taking the time to meet up with me and discuss the continually mindblowing nature of TSA/W! I had a lovely time (despite the annoying child with the balloon) and can't wait to get involved with any future red skin meetups...

Thank you also for your kind comments about my fledgeling blog. You happen to be *my* favourite blogger so it's a wonder that the universe didn't implode when we met or anything! Phew! : D

Hmmm, maybe I'll legally change my name... There's really no reason not to.

Lots of love - you're the bestest!

xxx

Louise said...

No probs. x