Thursday 14 March 2013

On the Move

My TSW rash seems to be on the move again!

Veteran red-skinners will know that this is entirely normal and one of the quirky things that sets TSW apart from regular eczema.

Thankfully, my face is looking a lot better. I just have a bit of a scaly rash round my mouth, but my cheeks are finally clearing up. I will post photos when I have chance, but I've had the kids at home with flu and haven't had much time to blog. I thought I could go without my socks on my hands last night, which was a big mistake and I woke up with a wet oozy jawline.

My neck is giving me hell! The skin on my neck is so tight, it is unbearable. I feel like if I twist my neck, the skin will rip open. It honestly feels like it has no elasticity at all. I am worried about ending up with stretch marks on my neck!

The odd thing is that the rash is now moving downwards. The area below the neck is really red and mottled and I also have a bad rash around my belly-button. Weird. The good news is that these areas are a lot easier to cover up than my face. The average T shirt covers a multitude of sins. Today, I could almost have passed as "Normal".

It was sunny today but cold. The sun has two good effects. It seems to make my TSW look better and it also makes everyone else look red, so it kind of evens things out!

11 comments:

Brit said...

Yay for sun! We're starting to get some here in Ohio which I hope to take advantage of soon. Plus it's good because if you are red/pink from TSW (and it's not too bad looking), people usually assume it's a sunburn and don't ask as many questions. Which is always nice!

johnboy said...

Hi louise.
i know exactly what you mean . my face is near normal at the moment but this week the rash appeared on my chest . my neck seems to be getting better but still tight in the morning . once i put vaseline on it seems to stay good for the day . it makes it a lot easier when the rash stays off the face .you must be very close to healing now ? . on what ive read ,do you think you might be in the final flare before being healed ?

Louise said...

Hi Johnboy. I always like to think that the current flare is the final one. One day it will be! x

Louise said...

Hi Brista.

Cloudy and rainy again today, but never mind! Hope you are OK. x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi, first sorry my bad english. I have steroid atrophy in my left cheek an there is a lot of blood vessels in here. My skin is burning sometimes. My doctor said it is a parmenent stuation. There isn't any cure. I am so depressed for that. He advise to laser treatment but i don't want because its is expensive and some patient told me laser treatment causes get evertyhnig much worse.
Do you think it is uncurable? my english isn't very good. I tried to read your articles but it's too long. basically what do you advise me? Skin can be healed by itself? Should i use any creme or something? Or is it uncurable? Plaese answer me louise i am so hopeless...

Louise said...

Hi Masterchiefemre,

I am not a doctor, so not really in a position to advise on individual cases.

I don't know your exact circumstances so it is difficult to say whether you condition is permanent, but I would certainly suggest getting a second opinion from another doctor if you are unhappy.

Is it possible for you to try and contact Dr Marvin Rapaport? He is an expert on this subject and would be the best person to advise you. From my understanding, I think that steroid atrophy can reverse, but it can take a very long time.

I hope you find a solution to your problem and feel better soon. I appreciate how frustrating it can be. X

Anonymous said...

thanks louise i send an mail him. i am using zinc oxide nowadays. even if just a bit its heals my skin. I guess... but i don't sure :/

Anonymous said...

thanks louise i send an mail him. i am using zinc oxide nowadays. even if just a bit its heals my skin. I guess... but i don't sure :/

Louise said...

I hope you get some answers. You could also try posting on the forum at Itsan.org. There are lots of helpful people on there.

xxx