Wednesday 20 March 2013

16 Months off the Steroids (photo)

Sorry I have been so remiss about posting lately. I have been really busy.

I have wanted to post some photos for ages, so here we are:
I am really happy with my skin at the moment. You can see how much the redness has gone away. The skin colour is almost normal again. All those nasty oozy bits on my cheeks have gone. You can see a bit of dryness round my mouth, but that is easy to zap with a bit of moisturiser.

This is the most normal I have looked in ages!

My neck is still a bit dry and tight and my hands are a bit flaky because I have been wearing socks over them, but everything seems to be improving dramatically. I really hope this is it now. The final dash to the finish line. I would really like to think I am done flaring.

I have cut down he steroid inhaler to absolute minimum. I caught a cough from the kids, but was determined not to use the steroid to relieve it. After all, steroids damp down the immune system, so how would that help? I have decided to take the steroid inhaler only when absolutely necessary and hope that the gap between puffs is so long that I can give up completely soon. An inhaler-free life is within my grasp!

So I have nothing but positive news to report. I think I am nearly healed. I can't believe how far I have come when I look at my skin these days.

1 comment:

JJ said...

Great news Louise!! I'm so glad you posted showing your improvement!! It's great to hear good news!!