Sunday 10 March 2013

Quiet Weekend

Not much to report today.

I have been stuck in all weekend nursing my fluey family. Miraculously, I was the only one not to come down with the lurgy.

Being stuck inside with the heating on full blast has not really done my skin a world of good, but I am hanging in there. My lungs are still good, which is the main thing at the moment. I even managed to sit in a vets waiting room yesterday, surrounded by a load of dogs and I had no allergies at all!

My trouble area is still my neck. The rest of me is fine, but my neck is tight with lots of dryness. It started oozing again last night. Yuk. I will be so glad when the TSW rash has gone from my face and neck. The skin round my mouth and cheeks is papery and peels easily, leaving wet areas underneath. I have to resist the urge to pick off the papery skin, because it leaves red, wet areas that just grow another layer of papery skin over the top and the process repeats itself. I will wear socks on my hands tonight as my face is getting all scratched up and bleeding from picking at it with my nails.

I also have a weird swelling under my eye. I haven't got a clue whether it is TSW related. It hurts a bit when I blink and looks slightly bruised. It hasn't come to a head, so presumably it is not a stye. I thought it might be cold sore virus, but there are no blisters, so it is a bit of a mystery. hopefully it will go down by itself.

No comments: