Sunday 24 March 2013

Bad Weather Blues

TSW is usually a pretty random affair, with not much indication as to what is causing flares. However, I have discovered one thing guaranteed to bring on a flare in my case; cold weather.

We have been suffering arctic conditions here in the UK and my skin went downhill as quickly as the weather did. As soon as the cold weather hit, my neck started oozing again. Yes, that's right oozing AGAIN after 16 blinkin' months off the steroids.

Last night I was freezing cold in bed and buried my head deep under the duvet. When I woke up, I was a mass of dead skin and ooze. Suffice to say, I didn't smell all that great and headed straight for a long soak in the bath. My neck was covered in "Skin Putty", a wonderful mix of dead skin, moisturiser and ooze which somewhat resemble grey bits of playdough. Honestly, I'm sure if I collected all the stuff up, I could sculpt something. My poor old bed is full of bits of it, which harden when dry. Sorry to be gross.

My neck skin is now so tight that I cannot look up. The skin just won't stretch that far. It stings like crazy. My whole face is flaky too. So much for thinking that the last flare was the final one.

I am desperate for some warm sunny weather and am now dreading going to bed tonight. Neck flares are officially the worst.

On a positive note, I think I am finally off the steroid inhaler. I say "think" because I cannot be completely sure yet, but I haven't needed it for a few days, which is a good sign.

I wish I could post better news, but I'm afraid TSW is an unpredicatable little beast at the best of times. I'm dead jealous of all you red-skinners living in sunny climes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Louise :(

~Virtual hugs~

I've also had a big flare and my neck has also gone all oozy again this week - stupid snow and cold!

That's such great news about the inhaler! So happy for you! Woop! I did have a 'weak lung week' a few weeks back during which I had to use my salbutamol every day, but that seems to have passed and they're back to feeling fine again now. Do keep us updated on how your lungs and your regime goes.

Much love xxx

Louise said...

Thanks Kitty, I guess we came out all oozy in sympathy with each other!

I'm reallybchuffed with my inhaler withdrawal and hoping that I am finished with it for good. Bet the asthma nurse will go ballistic when I tell her hehe!

Loving your blog. Can't wait to see what you do next.

STAY AWAY FROM THE RASPBERRIES!!!!

Hugs. X