Saturday 5 January 2013

Neck Flare

Another foul sleepless night with lots of oozing...sanity slowly ebbing away...!

My sleep patterns are totally messed up. I stopped up until midnight watching TV because I didn't feel tired, but then lay in bed until about 2:00 a.m before falling into a broken sleep. The oozing was particularly bad. I remember at one point having an itchy fit and scraping my nails slowly down the front of my neck, taking a large quantity of "skin putty" with it (a mixture of dead skin, moisturiser and ooze). I turned over many times and the strong ooze aroma, combined with the hemp cream I was using to create a...um...unique scent. Every time I woke I seemed to be covered in dead skin and ooze. When I finally got up for the day, the skin on my neck was very dry and sore, peeling to create a thin, plastic skin that looked artificial.

My cotton pillowcase feels like sackcloth. As soon as my face touches the pillow, the skin starts to leach fluid.

Moving my neck hurts and stings. I feel like I would love to smear steroid cream on it to get a bit of relief, but I know that would be suicide.The combination of itching, soreness, stinging and lack of sleep is driving me mad. I haven't really left the house in the last week, apart from a trip to get groceries.The mere thought of the cold winter air on my sore neck is enough to keep me holed up indoors.

Of course, a big part of my feeling lousy is the lack of sleep. The kids are back at school next week, which will mean early mornings again and hitting the ground running with lunchboxes and uniform, but at least when they are at school I can rest up and take it easy, hopefully aiding my healing.




No comments: