Friday 4 January 2013

Extreme Tiredness

At the beginning of my TSW, I had a terrible time sleeping as my adrenals adjusted to the sudden drop in artificial cortisone. It took a few months to start getting a normal sleep pattern, but it did get back to normal.

I have no reason to think my adrenals are messed up anymore after 13 months off steroid creams, but my sleep patterns have been drastically affected by the constant neck ooze that I have mentioned on the blog over the last few weeks.

Imagine trying to sleep with your neck pouring with wet ooze. Not pleasant. Or easy.

Last night I decided to try and sleep on the settee, reasoning that if I could prop myself up and keep my neck exposed to the air, I could stop the ooze. Unfortunately, This unnatural position was not conducive to sleep and I ended up giving in and returning to bed. Sleeping was tough and I woke up in the early hours and returned downstairs to watch some TV and cream up my dried-out neck, which was peeling large flakes of dead skin.

I had a few hours alone before the stampede of kids waking up and coming downstairs. Trouble is, after feeding them all and hooking them up to the games console, I must have dropped off because the next thing I remember was the sound of them all eating lunch, which my husband had prepared for them. I was coiled up on the settee, my neck dripping ooze, but at least I felt somewhat refreshed. My body was craving sleep.

I am not sure when the ooze will stop. it seems quite relentless. The skin on my neck is now unnaturally soft because it is baby skin making its appearance too soon. My whole neck area looks red and raw. On a plus note, my face seems a bit better.

I feel like a human slug, rolling around in my own sticky slime.

No comments: