Sunday 6 January 2013

At Last...Some Sleep!

I actually managed to get some sleep last night! I guess it must have been the accumulation of so many night's broken sleep.

It didn't stop the oozing though. When I did wake up, my neck was soaking wet again.

It seems that my fingernails got busy in the night. I have gouged a great wedge out of the side of my face. I need to pop the socks back on my hands tonight.

I look kinda "piratey"with my big gash across my face "Oooh Arrrrrr!".  My neck looks gross. The skin is still really raw and leathery.

Suffice to say, I have become a bit of a recluse with my bad skin. The hubby has just taken the kids out and I think he was a bit miffed that I wasn't joining them. I have no choice next week, as everyone is back at school and I have to go out, even if I look like a freak.

Liz, my fellow blogger, made an insightful comment on the Itsan forum this week. She said we should never doubt that our bodies know what they need to do to heal. All this flaking and oozing does have a purpose and the goal is healed skin. I have to let my body get on and do what it needs to do.

My mom and dad have been busy researching Nitric Oxide to see if there is a natural way to decrease the levels in the bloodstream that are causing me to ooze and get red. My mom read on Wikipedia that NO is removed by the kidneys, so I am trying to drink lots of water in the hope of flushing the NO out! I also read that iron absorbs NO and also that fatty foods decrease NO, but I don't think I will be gobbling lots of burgers in the hope of getting the levels down!

Just for a bit of fun, I thought I would share this Youtube video. I love a bit of Disney and the lyrics to the song sum up how I feel about TSW...
"I'll wear lipstick and rouge
And I won't be so huge
Why, I'll easily fit through that door
I'll exude savior-faire
I'll wear gowns! I'll have hair!
It's my prayer to be human again"

2 comments:

mm said...

I have started taking dandelion root tea 3 times a day because I read that it inhibits NO production and is therefore anti-inflammatory. It's been 3 days now and it works pretty well for me. I have tried this tea before TSW, so I know I am not allergic to the stuff.

Louise said...

Yes, dandelion root tea is very good. I also like chamomile tea as it is very relaxing.

The dandelion tea I like is dandelion and Burdock tea made by a company called Clipper.