Monday 7 January 2013

Domeboro Saves the Day!

As you know from my last few posts, neck ooze has been a massive problem for me at night.

Luckily, I remembered that I had a box of Domeboro in my medicine box that I had completely forgotten about. I carefully made up a sachet with some water and poured a little solution into a cup. I put the rest in the fridge, where it will keep for a week. Domeboro, also known as aluminium acetate is an astringent medication used primarily for poison ivy in the US.

When I woke up in the night, I was sticky, so dabbed a little domeboro solution onto my neck with a cotton wool pad. It felt nice and cool and it actually dried up the ooze.

When I woke up this morning, amazingly my skin did not feel wet. it was actually dry to the touch. I will do the same thing tonight.

Another good thing about Domeboro is that it is antibacterial. When I used it at night, it prevented the horrible ooze odour that I am so used to.

The problem is that here in the UK, we cannot get Domeboro. It was available on Amazon for a time, but I checked today and the listing is no longer available. All I can advise if you live in the UK is to try and find a way to get some of this precious stuff. If you know anyone who is going to the US on holiday, or have friends in the US, get them to send you some sachets in the post.

Domeboro is fantastic stuff. I know Dr Rapaport uses it with his patients, but refers to it by its alternative name of Burrows solution.

No comments: