Tuesday 6 November 2012

Day 363 British Weather and TSW

I'm continuing with my Moogoo tub samples, but just get the feeling that they are not quite moisturising enough for me. My skin is tolerating the creams really well, but feels dry within about 10 minutes. I need some heavy-duty grease on this flaky face! I think that when my skin calms down a bit, then the Moogoo would be more effective as a maintenance cream, so I haven't given up on it yet. I really like the ethos of the company and the fact that all of their stuff is natural and edible.

The cold British weather is doing me no favours. The morning school run has me facing biting cold winds, then I am back home, drying out from the central heating. Then I'm back out in the cold again. At bedtime my bedroom is freezing cold so I bury myself under the duvet which sweats my skin. No wonder I'm flaring and flaking. At the moment, I look like I have a beard of flakes round my mouth. It ain't flattering! I'm getting through mountains of lip balm, which I apply around, as well as on my lips!

My little boy came out of school the other day with his hands covered in peely PVA glue. It reminded me of the skin on my face. it is like my face has been pasted in PVA glue and it is hard to resist the urge to pick and peel the skin, as the flakes are really big and it is strangely satisfying to pick off a massive piece of dry skin (sorry, gross!). I feel like I have a permanent face mask on, but it never reveals anything nice and new underneath...just more peely skin!

The rest of me is pretty good, although I did notice a rogue patch of red skin on my neck. I also have a big lump on the back of my neck, which is a common side effect of TSW and can be due to enlarged lymph nodes. Either that, or I'm growing a new head.

I need some sunshine in my life!

7 comments:

mummytang said...

Hi, I am writing from Singapore and my 5 year old boy is almost 3 months along his TSW. I wanted to share that borage oil has been working very well for his skin, which improved greatly from where he started off months earlier.

I have gotten a lot of encouragement from reading your blog and would like to wish you the very best. I am certain that the end is well within reach for you. Keep your spirits up!

Louise said...

Hi. Thanks for your kind words.

I am interested in what you said about the borage oil. Could you tell me do yo take it as a supplement or apply it directly to the skin?

mummytang said...

Both actually. But I was told by my pharmacist that applying is more effective due to the direct absorption. Give it a try!

Louise said...

Thank you. It sounds really good.

Unknown said...

Hi There,
You are not alone. I am from Australia and in last 13 months I am having exactly the same problems.
Every single difficulty and cycles for your skin you are going through is the same as mine.
My dermatologist recommended me to consider weekly “Methotrexate” therapy to pushing my immune system up. However, there are some serious side effects with this medication. I like to think about it before start to using it.
If I find any solution for myself definitely I will inform you.

Unknown said...

Dear Louise,
I also have got two lumps (small) on the back of my neck, which I bee told these are due to enlargement of lymph nodes which to do with immune system and of course to do with my skin problems.
Mat

Louise said...

Hi mat,

Thanks for the comments. The lump in my neck is going down now, thank goodness.

Hope we all heal soon.