Monday 5 November 2012

Day 362 Moogoo Review

I'm slowly improving. I'm still really flaky round my mouth though.

I've been getting out and about more after my self imposed "shut-in" period during my bad flare.

Of course, I'm totally paranoid about people saying stuff about my skin and of course, they do! I bumped into a friend that I hadn't seen for a month. She was like "Oh man! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE????" I handled it quite diplomatically, but I felt very sad inside. I just hate it when people notice my skin.

I've been trying the Moogoo cream that so many people recommend. I emailed the company and they sent me some free samples wrapped in a lovely package of brown paper and string. The creams are all made of good stuff and are even edible. Many people have had good results with them. The good news was that I didn't react to the creams. The bad news was that they didn't seem to moisturise me enough. My skin still felt tight after use. I will carry on with them and see whether things improve. The creams I am using are the irritable skin balm and the MSM cream.


4 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Louise,
I used the moogoo irritable skin balm for 2 months and at first it was better compare to other moisturizer that my skin can't tolerate at all, but skin still feel tight and dry as you said, and after 2 months of using it, my skin feels drier and drier, and the ppl from moogoo tell me that irritable skin balm can be rather drying to the skin, then I stopped it and switch to their moogoo udder cream now.. Hope this can be a reference to you... and hope we will heal before christmas.. If it happens, it'll be the best christmas gift ever!!! God bless us..

Louise said...

Hey Emily!

It's early days with the moogoo, but my initial feeling is that it is not quite moisturising enough for me.

I'd love to be healed by the end of the year. Here's hoping....xxx

The Great Gatsby said...

Hi Louise my 9 month flare has also lasted easily over a month, easily the longest since the start!!
Keep on going!
Brendan

Louise said...

Thanks brendan!.

This late flare is a weird one and I keep hoping it is the last!

Maybe we will both be over this soon!