Friday 2 November 2012

Day 359 (photo)

FINALLY!!! Things seem to be improving!

This is my face today:

Right...so I know I'm not quite ready to enter Miss World just yet (maybe next week!), but my skin is feeling SO much better. As you can see, there is a lot of flakiness around my mouth, but that is just end-of -flare dryness and isn't that terrible oozy stuff that has been plaguing me recently. I have lots of nicks around my nose where I have scratched and picked the skin in my sleep, so I am going to go back to wearing socks on my hands for the next few nights to give the bleedy bits chance to heal up.

Mentally, I am holding up well. We went shopping at the supermarket this morning and I bumped into a dear friend that I hadn't seen for a couple of months. We were talking for ages and I didn't feel self conscious or embarrassed. I usually want to hide my face when I am talking to people, or get away as quickly as possible, so this was a big breakthrough for me.

The texture of the skin feels better too. For the last month, the facial skin has felt scaly and rough. Now I can actually feel the new skin coming through and although there is a powdery dryness to the skin, it is not "crocodile skin" anymore.

Once all this flaky stuff has come off, I may look normal again. The skin on my legs is now virtually normal and a world away from the open wounds I had earlier in the year. My arms are also really good, just a little dry, but I can live with that after what I have been through this last year.

All in all I'm upbeat and positive today, and the sun is shining too, bonus!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Louise, I'm so happy for you!! By the way Louise, do you take any vitamin supplement or fish oil? Do you think it will help?

Louise said...

I sometimes take the haliborange fish oil capsules. Im not sure whether they help or not, but they certainly dont do any harm.