Monday 15 October 2012

Day 340 Healing The Red

Day 340 aaarrgggh! The 12 month mark is in my grasp!

The red skin blogger's army is increasing and I am pleased to announce another great new blog, healingthered. Mariella has just stopped using steroid creams and is a thought provoking read, using quotes from literature to offer a gleam of encouragement to fellow red-skinners.

The blogs down the right hand side of this page are great because they show the experiences of many individuals all at different stages of healing. Some are written by parents, some by spouses and some by people going through TSW, but every blog has an individual slant to the story. When I started blogging, there were only about 3 blogs on the subject, so we are creating a great legacy for people searching for answers to their mysterious red skin.

People are waking up and unplugging themselves from the steroid matrix!

2 comments:

CherieG said...

Hi Louise!
I just wanted to let you know, that in the few short days I’ve been reading, what an inspiration your blog has become to me. I’ve been using topical steroids since I was 12 when I snuck some of my mom’s cream to tame some nasty pimples. In those days, topical steroids were all the rage and handed out like Kleenex. I’m now 44 and on day 11 of my withdrawal. I honestly thought I was alone in all of this. This isn’t the first time I’m tried to quit, but it’s going to be the last. Thank you for posting about your journey.

Louise said...

Thank you so much for your kind words cherie. The early days are tough, and that is why i blog, to give people a realistic idea of what to expect.

You are not alone. Please check out the other blogs, but also pop over onto the itsan forum, where you can chat with other people going through this. There is also a facebook group. Support is crucial in the early days and its nice to know that someone understands.

Keep me posted on your progress. X