Friday 24 February 2012

Day 96 Liz and Jake’s Blog

I haven't been able to update the blog because my son spilled tea on ther computer keyboard!

I have been having a flare since Tuesday, but it has been less severe than previous flares and slightly different as regards symptoms.

My biggest problem is my legs at the moment. They swell up slightly when I stand or sit for too long, so I have to try and lie down as much as I can and keep them elevated. In the evenings, the back of my leg goes hard, and yellow fluid starts pouring out of my leg wounds. The moist healing method is helping though, and I have started dressing both legs to heal the wounds. More keep appearing though.

My neck is oozing again, but not as badly as before. I am hoping that it will calm down when the flare subsides. My face looks pretty raw too. My eyes are still slightly swollen in the morning, but not as bad as the photo I posted on Tuesday. I know each flare leads to better skin, so I am optimistic. I have to be.

On a brighter note, the sun is out here in the UK!!!! I had to take the kids into town after school and it was warm outside, so I was able to bare my arms for about 20 minutes. I really believe that this will help my skin, as Dr Rapaport is a big advocate of sunshine as a healer. The nice thing about the UK climate, is that the sunshine is quite cool and diffused at the moment, so I can build up my tolerance slowly as summer approaches.

I would also like to recommend a great new blog by a fellow skin friend. Liz is recording the progress of her partner Jake as he comes off the steroid creams. You can see their story at:
http://eczemahealing.blogspot.com.au/

The blog is particularly interesting, as Liz is using holistic methods to help Jake, such as vitamin supplements, massage and alternative therapies. I am very interested to see whether these methods will have an impact on his healing time, as very little is known about steroid withdrawal and if we can find a method that speeds healing up, then we will all benefit. She is doing a great job.

Also, the photos on her blog are amazing and well worth a look. It really is a well constructed site.

The other steroid withdrawal blogs are listed down the page on the right. They are all worth reading.

No comments: