Tuesday 21 February 2012

Day 93 (photos)

I have read a lot of posts on the google group from people reporting swollen eyes during steroid withdrawal, but had not experienced it myself.

Until this morning.

I woke up and my eyes were all sticky and crusty. I don't think it is a regular eye infection. I think it is related to the steroid withdrawal, as so many others are experiencing the same symptoms. My actual eyeball is swollen and my eyelids are also swollen and very dry with long cracks in the skin.

Maybe it is my fault for using the mascara a couple of days ago.

As you can see from the photo, my eye is sore and the area around it is puffy. The eyelid is swollen and hooded. The skin on my face looks quite puffy and uneven today, so maybe this is the start of a new flare, I'm not sure.
This is the picture of my leg today, still using the moist wound healing technique. The wound looks paler and looks as if it is healing well, but it is still oozing quite a lot. I am getting similar areas appearing on my other leg, so have sent the husband to the chemist to get some more dressings!

No comments: