Wednesday 11 January 2012

Day 52 Article Link on Steroid Abuse

After a couple of hard days coping with an oozing neck, I finally got a break last night with a full night's sleep from about midnight to 7:30 in the morning. I slept with a cotton pillowslip round my neck, but the oozing did finally stop and I can move my neck a bit better today.

Despite my good intentions not to use moisturisers, I have had to use a bit of hemp cream on my neck just so I can turn it. Holding my neck stiff all the time was really causing strain on my neck and shoulder muscles.

The sleep must have done me a lot of good as my skin feels great today. Previously inflamed areas are now pink rather than red and there are a lot more areas of white skin showing. Skin has greater elasticity and feels smooth to the touch. I can see a lot of improvement in the feel of my skin and it is starting to look better too, although I know that this will take time. My face looks and feels so much better than it did when I was using the steroid creams.

The Google support group has a great buzz about it at the moment, with posts about people who have been cured completely, which gives us all hope.

One of the members also posted this interesting article link on the dangers of steroids. It is well worth a read.

No comments: