Sunday 2 June 2013

Another Red Skin Friend Healed!

I woke up this morning to the most amazing news. A dear TSW friend has healed from Red Skin Syndrome.

When I first learned about topical steroid addiction back in 2011, there were very few websites and blogs on the subject. Itsan did not exist at all. We had a little forum and Kelly had set up a webpage called addictedskin.com. The few of us that had found her site and read Dr Rapaports research chatted and posted on the small forum and read what little information was available on the subject.

One of the bloggers was called Juliana. She wrote her blog in a timeline format, an idea that I shamelessly copied for my own blog! I just thought it was such a great way of recording progress.

Juliana also posted photos. Lots of photos. Many of these photos were shocking. I remember seeing her pretty young face covered in dry, peeling skin. Her limbs were covered in bleeding, wet wounds. I felt so sad for her.

Her blog posts were very sad to read at times. Progress was slow for her. I could feel her despair coming through in what she wrote. Her pain was raw. I desperately hoped she would heal, but she never seemed to get a break.

Then, in recent months, she started to report improvements. It was clear things were changing for her skin after two long years of withdrawal.

Today I saw new photos. Her skin is now PERFECT! She finally had the courage to post a photo of herself with completely healed skin and I got to see her beautiful face for the first time.

She has given me so much hope. It has taken her two years, but she is now completely better and joins the swelling band of completely healed individuals. These blogs will serve as evidence to prove that the steroid-pushers are WRONG. Steroids are addictive, but steroid addiction is curable.

Please visit her blog and see for yourself. Her latest post is here.

Once you have seen her amazing photos, go to the right hand side of the page and click on the photos tab to see how far she has come.

Juliana, I am so happy for you. It gives me confidence that I will heal too. Some days I get so down and think I will never get better, but you and the others that have healed give me so much hope.

Thank you Juliana for inspiring me and so many other bloggers to record our steroid journey. I wish you every success in life. X

No comments: