Sunday 2 December 2012

Happy Blogoversary!

Today is my Blogoversary! Woot Woot!

I have been writing this blog for a whole year!

To date, the blog has had over 83,000 hits. I hope that it has helped some of those people. Even if it has helped one, I am happy.

The blog has connected me to people all over the world. I have realized that TSW is a universal problem and that many of us are suffering.

Blogging about has put me in touch with doctors, parents and sufferers of TSW from every walk of life and our shared experiences are creating a big picture of how TSW affects people. We also find our own ways of dealing with it and can help others with our advice and experiences.

I have seen ITSAN grow from a small website run by one person, to an international charity that helps thousands of people worldwide.

I have seen more and more people completely healed of TSW inclusing Karen, who I featured on the blog a while ago and also fellow blogger Rochelle. The ones that really touch my heart are the kids, especially little Keira and her "scratchy monster", who has now vanished for good. I am truly happy for these people. They give me hope.

When I first started my blog, there were a handful of blogs about TSW. Now there are many of us and I am adding new blogs to my list all the time.

I truly hope that by this time next year, we can make a real change in the way that the medical establishment views steroid creams. It would be great if these medicines were better regulated. I am not anti-steroid per se, but I do believe that these are powerful drugs that are handed out far too easily, especially to babies. When I read about tiny babies beaing slathered top to toe in potent steroids, it troubles me deeply.

I also hope that by this time next year, I will be completely healed...but we will see....!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Happy Blogoversary!"
Hello, I'm the girl from Taiwan.Also I'm suffering from this kind of syndrome.Actually,I have read ur blog since i found the website itsan.

ur blog always encourages me a lot.Hope one day i can recovery just like u and write the articles to help more people.

btw,does the borage oil really help u recovery from dermatitis? I really wanna try. But what kinds of Borage oil do u take? Capsule? or just drinking the oil directly? if drinking, where could i buy this kind of product? expected ur response^^ thx

Louise said...

Hello Girl from Taiwan!

I have been using the borage for about 3 weeks and I feel it has helped. I have capsules, which I break and put the oil on my skin and then I swallow the rest of the capsule.

Borage seems to work for me, but it may mot help everyone and there is still danger of an allergy, so be careful.

Hope you get some relief soon. X

Unknown said...

Hello,Louise:
How are u ^^? Thanks for your response, there is still a question for me:
What kinds of brands of the Borage oil do you take?
Could you recommend? And how about the price? Because my friend will visit me from Europe during the vacation? I am thinking whether she could help me buy that.