Tuesday 17 July 2012

Day 240 (photos)

I thought I'd post a couple of progress photos on here to show you how I am getting on.

In this photo, you can see that my face is returning to its normal colour. Yes, I have slight pink blotching, but the difference in colour is amazing. I can't believe how far I have come. I don't need to tie my hair back anymore and I only need to apply a little moisturiser once a day. The oozing has stopped and the skin on my face is smooth. This can only get better as the months go by.
You can see that my arm is also a normal colour. This is the first time I have seen the normal colour of my skin in years! I have been red for so long!

My skin is in good condition. It is very soft and smooth. I get a little dryness here and there and I still seem to leave little piles of skin everywhere I go, but it is better than being red, juicy and oozy. The dryness is improving though, because I only need to moisturise round my mouth and in the crooks of my arms. The rest of my skin seems to make its own oils. In fact, the tops of my arms, back and tops of my legs are all perfect skin. I just need the rest of me to catch up!

I am so glad I embarked on this TSW journey. I am now in no doubt at all that overuse of topical steroids caused my rebound eczema and whole-body redness. Eczema should not cover the whole body. if someone has eczema all over their body then it is likely due to overuse of steroid creams.

We are hearing more and more stories from people who are now completely healed. I was reading an experience on the itsan forum from a lady who healed in a matter of months and now has normal skin. These numbers will continue to increase as more people find ITSAN .

No comments: