Saturday 30 June 2012

Day 223. Trying Bubble Bath

I was brave today, trying 2 things that could have potentially flared my skin up.

Firstly, I took a bath in my dewberry bubble bath! It was lovely, and felt a bit like being a in a spa. After 7 months of bathing in plain old epsom salts, I felt like I was due a bit of a pampering session. Happily, my skin survived and was no worse for wear after the bath.

Then, this afternoon, I took the kids swimming for the first time since I stopped steroids. My skin doesn't look too awful, but thankfully, we had the pool to ourselves, as the rest of the town had gone to watch the olympic torch relay in the high street! The chlorine stung at first, especially where there were open wounds, but after a while, it calmed down. I was hoping that the pool water would have the beneficial effect of keeping the bacteria levels down on my skin too.

After leaving the pool, my skin was slightly drier than usual, so I smoothed on some hemp cream to get it back to normal.

It is nice to be able to do normal things again, especially pampering and fun activities. At the start of this ordeal 7 months ago, I could hardly have imagined myself in this position. I am really happy with my progress.

2 comments:

jztjzt said...

That is awesome! Any small step towards normalcy is fantastic! Hope you smelled like Dewberry for the rest of the day!
xoxo
Jill

Louise said...

Yes Jill, sometimes something small like this can give us such a boost after living such a weird life for so many months!

I still have about half a bottle of the bath stuff left, but my little girl keeps pinching it for her baths!