Sunday 27 May 2012

Day 189 Hydrocoloidal Gel Review

I'm looking forward to posting some improvement photos on here when I get the time.

My skin is looking a lot better, especially my arms and legs and the skin is extremely smooth and soft.

The only slight drawback I had this morning was the return of the "slapped cheek" appearance on the right side of my face, as I had been lying on that side and the sweat had caused the skin to flare and ooze. This is the only bad part on my whole body though.

I have given up on the hydrocoloidal gel as a cure for my wet wounds. It caused the skin to go very dry and cracked. When I wore it under a dressing as suggested, the gel dried up and it was hard to peel off the dressing. I think vaseline of 50/50 liquid and WSP is a much better moist wound healing product under dressings as it does not dry up.. The wounds are quite cracked, so I am putting shea butter on them during the daytime in the hope that it will keep the area moist and prevent the wounds from from drying up.

No comments: