Monday 26 March 2012

Day 127 Sticky Skin

Just when I though everything was going so well.....

I had a really oozy night last night and got hardly any sleep. My neck, bra-line and chest were leaching sticky fluid and it was also coming out of my chin and jawline, as well as from behind my ears. I kept turning over in the bed to try and get comfy, but it was impossible, as my skin felt so damp. I also had problems with my eye, which was swollen up as if I'd had an allergy.

It has all dried up this morning as soon as the air got to it, but my hair is all matted up behind my ears and needs a good wash. I can detect a faint metallic smell coming from the oozy areas. I don't know how apparent it is to anyone else or whether only I can smell it.

I'm not sure whether this is flare number 7 starting, or just a minor blip. I will find out over the course of the next few days. I just know that rather than waking up all dry and flaky, my skin was wet and sticky, so it looks like a bad sign. I am going to rest up completely today in the hope that it won't develop into a full blown flare and set me back again after I was doing so well.

No comments: