Thursday 22 March 2012

Day 123 Great Healing Progress

Things are getting better and better!

I am now 4 months off the nasty steroid creams and I can honestly say that at this point my skin looks the same as it did when I was using the creams. For me, this is a crucial point in my healing.

My energy levels are good, and my body is 70% healed. I have no eczema on my back, upper arms or torso. I have pale pink skin on my lower arms that is almost healed. My neck is still pink, but healing and my face is peeling slightly but looking better. I am still treating my leg wounds with moist dressings and they look a lot better today too.

A few months ago, I did not imagine that this would be possible.

I am hoping I am over the worst, but cannot be completely sure. Flares are nasty and unpredictable things but I am really enjoying myself at the moment now that my skin is calm.

I am not sure what effect the dandelion and burdock tea has had, but since I started drinking it, the flares have gone right down. I read a lot of evidence that dandelion and burdock can lower nitric oxide levels. Nitric oxide is what causes the blood vessels to dilate and the skin to flare up. Anyway, it may be a coincidence, but I am sticking with the tea, as it is yummy and my skin has been great while I have been drinking it. I have about 5 cups a day.

The only bad symptom I have at the moment is that I go shivery at about 8:00 p.m. and need a blanket and hot drink. I know shivering is a symptom of TSW, so I am not overly worried. It is irritating more than anything.

No comments: