Wednesday 21 March 2012

Day 122 (photos)

I thought I would post my latest photos:

I tried smiling on this one for a change! I still have such a long way to go and the skin on my chin is the worst as it is flaky and a bit weepy. My neck is still looking raw, although it doesn't actually feel that bad today, it has more elasticity lately, which is good. I had to go out this morning as I had arranged to meet my friend and I had a complete meltdown before I went out as I felt so ugly. I managed to get it back together, go out and have lots of fun. I will not let my skin rule me. By the way, the photo does make the skin look worse than it actually is. Bad lighting I think!

My arm is looking pretty good, with only a few small blotches. The backs and tops of my arms are now completely normal skin. I have seen so much improvement in these areas. I am very happy and it means that now the sun is out, I can bare my arms without feeling like I have the plague!
My leg on the other hand, is still oozy and I keep getting weepy patches forming on my legs. I find it best to keep them moist and covered with a dressing. The ooze is yellow coloured but is not infection. The yellow ooze is the hardest to get rid of.
This is the back of my right leg and is by far the worst part of my body at the moment. The skin is very peely and oozy and covers quite a large area. I have to wear long skirts to keep my legs covered, or trousers, as this is very unsightly. Luckily, it is not affecting the flexure at the moment, which means that I can bend my knees comfortably, which I could not do a month or so ago.
The best thing is that I FEEL great, and as long as I moisturise my flaky face and put dressings on my legs, I can still get out and have a normal life. I know that things will continue to improve for me. I have come so far already.

No comments: