Friday 2 March 2012

Day 103 Flare Number 6

Huh, so much for hoping that I was going to get a long break before the next flare!

Flare number 6 kicked in last night and I was so upset to see my nice white skin vanish into red, oozy blotches.

The flare is mild compared to previous ones, but very oozy and itchy. Every time I itch, I blast the area with the Zeoderm cream, which temporarily alleviates it.

I am so frustrated that my neck is oozing again, as this has been the most consistent symptom of withdrawal, and one of the most distressing. My legs also started swelling again last night, so I am having to keep them raised.

I try to view each flare like a dose of nasty medicine. I know I have to go through it to get better and that after each flare, my skin improves a little bit. It was a bit disheartening for me to read on the google group today that there are some people several years into withdrawal who are still experiencing mild flares. On a happy note, Jake, whose blog I mentioned a few days ago is almost 100% healed after using pine extract in his creams and other holistic therapies. Read his blog via the link on the right hand side of my page.

No comments: