Friday 30 December 2011

Day 40 Feeling Tired

It seems that people going through topical steroid rebound and withdrawal have vastly different ways of coping with the symptoms of rebound. For me, I have been trying to get as much rest as possible, finding that my skin gets worse after even minimal activity. Yesterday I went round the busy post-christmas sales with the family and felt really ill when I got home. The healing process is causing me to get very tired and my body clock is awry, finding me wide awake at 1:00 a.m. and fast asleep during the day.

Obviously, the sensible approach is to consult a doctor or qualified medical practitioner for advice how best to cope during topical steroid withdrawal. Some find natural creams such as cocounut oil or palm oil beneficial, whereas others swear by vaseline and cold ice compresses to treat the itching. The only true healer is time, but by supporting each other through withdrawal, we can find new methods of coping with the pain and redness of this debilitating skin condition known as Red Skin Syndrome.

No comments: