Friday 9 December 2011

Day 19 Shaking and Trembling

My skin is still in quite a calm phase, although it was very very dry and flaky when I woke up, probably the flakiest it has been yet. My morning routine can be quite painful, especially reaching the cereal from the cupboard, as stretching my arm is awkward when the skin inside my elbow crease is so taut.

I had an Epsom bath, but I am trying to bath less often because of compromising my skin barrier. The bath water seemed to lift away the worst of the flaking skin. I then moisturised the whole of the top half of my body as it soon started to tighten again.

My face is generally good, but I have noticed two red lines forming down either side of my nose. I have also scratched a big dent in the top of my nose and my neck, which doesn't look too pretty. The skin seems very thin and even a light scratch can make the skin bleed, especially in the very thin areas.

A worrying development in my withdrawal is the fact that I am shaking a lot. I don't know if it is regular shivering or palpitations, as it seems to be more shaking than shivering, and usually comes on when I am busy doing housework. I try to rest as much as possible and not overdo things in the early stage of withdrawal.

I was meant to see the nurse today about my meds, but I rescheduled the appoinment, as the weather was very cold and rainy and the surgery is a 20 minute walk from my house. I thought the walk would aggravate my skin more. I am now seeing her next month and intend to tell her about my withdrawal and topical steroid addiction.

No comments: