Friday 2 December 2011

Day 12 Flare Photos

I thought I would add a couple of photos to the blog to show the state of my skin at this point:

It is clear from this photo that my skin is very dry and flaky at this point, although the picture does not really show the full extent of the redness, which is quite severe. There are honey-coloured crusts just above and below my mouth where fluid has leaked out of my skin and dried.  My skin feels very tight and it is hard to smile and eat. My neck is also very dry, which makes turning my head difficult.

This picture shows the red rash that has spread over my stomach in the first two weeks following the steroid withdrawal. It is a fine red rash, quite spongy in appearance, although thankfully, it is not too itchy.

I currently have bad rashes on my face, neck chest and belly, as well as my elbow crooks and backs of my knees. There is minimal rash on my thighs. The skin on my arms is not particularly red, but very dry.

Obviously, as well as the fact that my skin feels painful and tight, it is also very embarrassing going out in public, because so many people judge on appearance. I am staying home as much as possible, only going out when I have to.

No comments: