Friday 3 October 2014

Man in Canada Has Bad Reaction to Steroid Cream

I know this news item is doing the rounds on some of the TSW blogs right now, but I thought I'd add a link for anyone who hasn't seen it.

The story is about a man who had an allergy to an ingredient called propylene glycol, which is a common ingredient found in many cosmetic products and a known irritant. He developed a rash and was prescribed steroid creams. He used them for two years and developed a worsening rash on his face when he tried to stop using the creams; classic rebound.

The sad outcome of the story is that the man is now on an ORAL steroid to treat the symptoms of his TSW.

I hope he manages to find Itsan.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Can you believe my second thought was 'Oh that lucky bastard, he looks completely normal now." Ugh, this bastard of a flare of mine needs to end so I can start thinking clearly again!! (My first thought of course was "Oooooh nooooo, that's going to make things worse.")

Louise said...

Yes TSW messes with our head as well as our skin! Its all that lack of sleep!

I wish we could flood the news networks with our stories and make people listen.

Hope you feel better soon. x

Wynter said...

Joey said he is on the forum. I don't get the oral steroid thing either... I hope he manages to go off it ok.

These things can never be posted enough!!! The more likely people are to find it, the better.

Louise said...

That's great news that he is in the forum!

carolinlangdon.blogspot.com said...

it's weird that dermatologist says extreme reaction is due to coming off 'cold turkey' !! It seems to me that for people having a problem with cortisone weaning off just prolongs the start of the tsw symptoms which are horrendous cold turkey of not.

carolinlangdon.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.