Thursday 2 October 2014

Flare Over and Feeling Optimistic!

Apologies to all of my lovely readers.

I've been getting a lot of sympathy messages following the last lot of pictures I posted of my late flare. I hadn't got round to updating the blog and the pictures were up there for too long! That flare was short, sharp and nasty, but it disappeared as quickly as it came. Thankfully, it only lasted a few days, although my lazy blogging has made it seem like longer.

So let's put things right with some new photos...

I just took these 5 minutes ago.

 
...so if you compare the picture of my face with the last ones, you can see the flare has gone right down. My cheeks are still a bit pink, but hey, I'm not moaning. I'm happy, even if I'm not smiling in the photo!

 
Hand is normal. Nothing to see here!

Leg is normal. I tried to twist it a bit so you can see the inside calf is completely white. When my TSW was bad, it was bright red before, with scabs that wouldn't heal. It looks great now. Normal skin.


So the only place without normal skin at this point is my face and to a lesser extent, my neck. The rest of my body is normal skin, so happy days!

Let's remember that this is OCTOBER and I usually flare like mad in October. Take a look at my previous October photos to see what I mean: October 2013 and October 2012. Yukky.

Those previous Octobers were really dark days for me. It makes me feel a bit sick to look at those old photos now. I have come a LONG way.

Here in the UK we are having a very mild Autumn thus far and I haven't had to put the central heating on. I think this has made a big difference, as well as the fact that it is still quite sunny and I can get outside and soak up some rays. I've also been taking Wynter's advice and dosing up on the vitamin D3. I have no idea whether it is responsible for my good skin right now, but I'd like to think so. Judge for yourselves.


...so yeah, it's all good right now, but obviously we have a long winter ahead of us, so I'm hoping my skin stays happy and that I'm on the final stretch now.

TSW is a blooming long process.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing better Louise :) Hope it stays that way!

Unknown said...

Long may your pale skin continue x

Louise said...

Thanks. I hope you two are doing OK too.

It's funny, I had a teacher at school who was always moaning about how pale my skin was, but during TSW, pale is good!

Unknown said...

Doing well thanks Louise.
I am just a light pinky colour now since I stopped to Vaseline and started on the Aveeno.
16 months in and skin is getting stronger x

Wynter said...

Dang, give me your face ha ha.
Fingers crossed winter is good to you. Even if it isn't, each day without steroids is a day closer to healing :) it must be fizzling out for good now if you compare those other October photos.

I'm honored you took my advice.. it was just a suggestion!! lol.