Monday 9 September 2013

Photo Update at 21.5 Months

I haven't had chance to post any photos on here for a while because I have been busy during the school holidays. Now that the kids are finally back, I have time for some photos.

It's such a shame that the weather has taken a turn for the worse. The cloudy, rainy weather has started to kick in, which is always bad news for my skin. When we were on holiday a couple of weeks ago, the skin on my face actually cleared up due to the amount of sun I was getting. Sadly, the improvements didn't last and my face took a bit of a downturn with all the bad weather recently. If you have time, check out my blogposts from October last year. My skin was really awful at that time and I think the weather had a lot to do with it.

Anyway..here are my pics....
My legs have been clear for ages now. The skin is absolutely normal and smooth.

My face is STILL a little bit blotchy!!! This is as much as I flare these days though. The flares are mild but still noticeable. My biggest problem areas are my left cheek and my chin.
My neck is normal and super smooth. I so happy about this area.
The back of my arm is normal skin and even has a tan!
My inner arms are more troublesome. As you can see, there is still a little pink blotching, although I must confess that this is the best they have ever been. I feel like this area is nearly done now.

The majority of my body is now rash-free at almost 22 months of steroid withdrawal. My rashy areas are confined to parts of my face and inner arms.

I am worried about how the impending winter will impact on my TSW, but I will have to wait and see what happens. There is no use stressing about it.






4 comments:

Dennis said...

louise - thanks for the photo update. like you and josh (redskinrecoverydiary), i've started taking pictures daily. can't believe that the skin's not healed even though i only used hydrocortisone for 2 weeks. more power to you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Unknown said...

So happy for you :) xx

Mercy said...

Hi,

Can you tell me what you've used on your skin to help it (soap, cream, etc.)?

Right now, I use Dove Sensitive Skin soap and then for moisturizer, coconut oil and Vaseline. Do you also recommend Epsom salts, apple cider vinegar rinse with water and any essential oils?

My skin is really red, dry and flaky at the time, but parts of me are still oozing but then get really dry and flaky like my hands for instance (and my hands especially have a weird odor)

I appreciate Any tips or recommendations you have. Also, have you ever used Calendulis cream found on the Eczema Comoany's website?

Thanks for your help!

Louise said...

Different things work for different people and what suits me may not suit someone else. Right now I am just using warm water on a cotton wool pad to cleanse the face. I use hemp cream to moisturise, but only very sparingly.