Thursday 18 July 2013

Feeling Freakin' Awesome! (photos)

As you can tell from the big gaps in my posts, I am blogging less and living more. My TSW really isn't bothering me at all. I have a few blotchy patches, but the sunny weather means that most people out there are redder than me, which suits me fine.

In three days time I will be 20 months steroid-free.

Anyway, a picture tells a thousand words, so on with the photos...
I am super pleased with my neck and chest. This used to be one of my worst areas and took ages to clear, even oozing as recently as a few months ago. At worst, I couldn't turn my neck at all, so the fact that the skin is now lovely, smooth and clear is a major miracle. I thought this area would never get better. If you go back through the blog you will see how bad it has been in the past.
No, that brown band across my feet isn't dirt! It is actually my skin trying to tan through my sandals! I've got tiger feet! Tan is way better than red skin and my legs are nice and normal and smooth. Still need to get them to tan up to match the feet though....
My arm is tanned too, although the photo does not do it justice! Not a sign of TSW rash anywhere along the back of my arm, although there is a little bit on my inner arms, which is on its way out.
My face is nearly, nearly there! It is not red anymore, although I have the odd scratch mark where I have clawed at it in the night! At least I can see my normal skin colour again though. I forgot I was that colour. I don't gasp in horror when I look in the mirror now.

I hope my photos encourage those suffering right now. I read all the other TSW blogs and see what a hard time some of you are having it, so I hope my photos cheer everyone up. I really do feel that the sun has helped my skin, although those in the early stages of TSW should stay well out of the sun until the redness phase has diminished.

My thoughts and love are with all those going through tough TSW times right now.


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking great Louise!
Congratulations on your beautiful skin :)
So happy for you.
These photos bring myself and so many others a lot of encouragement.


Xoxo

Elaine said...

Louise - that's ace! You look brilliant! Check out that decolletage!! Mine is pretty hideous ... perhaps this time next year it will look like yours! May I ask - how long did you use betnovate on your face for, and were you applying it every day in the end?
elaine
xx

Louise said...

I used betnovate for at least 18 months if not two years on my face. I was trying to correct the redness, but of course, it made it worse. I definitely used twice daily on my face for about a year and also applied it to my arms, neck and legs. Awful when you think about how strong the stuff is, several hundred times stronger than hydrocortisone!

Unknown said...

Louise, you look amazing! I'd say I'm jealous but you've gone through 20 months of torment to get to this stage and I'm only at the beginning. You're an inspiration :) xx

Louise said...

You are too, Jenny. Don't worry, you will get there! I just made a donation to Shane's challenge in recognition of all the hard work you are both doing to raise eczema awareness. X

Anonymous said...

Wow Louise! Look at you! This is great to see!

Unknown said...

You are such a great inspiration, so glad to hear you healed. Your blog is one of the few I always visit. Enjoy your new skin and freedom from roids.

Unknown said...

I am so Happy for you! You look great, after such a long time! Go live your life! Keep us updated, I love your blog. YaY!
Jennifer

Kristina said...

Louise - your skin looks fabulous! What a journey it has been to healing - challenging to say the least, but you stuck it out and look at your skin now. You are such an inspiration to others. Yay to kicking Scratchy Monster in the arse just in time for the release of our book!:) Maybe your next book should be titled 'How Louise Kicked the Scratchy Monster in the arse!' Love you lots! You are such an inspiration!! xx

Joey V. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joey V. said...

I'm so very happy for you my friend! We have been to tsw boot camp and learned a lot about endurance! Thanks for helping so many others along the weary road. xo

jane said...

Louise, your skin looks amazing and what's more you look happy:) x

Lady Vee said...

you look great! So happy for you! Very encouraging

megan said...

Looking amazing Louise! Congrats you're at the end of your journey :) Hoping to get there sooner than later.

Megan

JJ said...

Yea!!!!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!! Keep posting plz, it's inspiring.

Jason