Tuesday 28 May 2013

Just an Encouraging Word...

I know how hard TSW can be.

If you are reading this, you may be in the early stages of TSW, experiencing the burning, intense pain, oozing and redness.

You may feel you cannot go on.

I felt like this many times. I often questioned myself and wondered if I would ever get better. Every time I went into a flare, I would experience terrible despair.

I just want to let you know that it does get better. Progress is slow, but things do improve.

Over the last few weeks, I have experienced positive improvements in the way that my skin feels. The oils are returning and many areas now look normal. I often doubted that I would get to that stage, but I have.

I can live my life normally, without worrying about the way that my skin looks. It looks better now than it has done in many years.

I hope that these words strike a chord and help anyone who needs a bit of encouragement right now.

2 comments:

kayachi said...

I needed that encouragement. I was wondering how you're doing, so I came by to see. I'm so glad you're seeing improvement. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy S said...

Thank you for posting this. It is very encouraging, however I did feel slightly deflated when I saw you were 18 months in. Being only 3.5 months, this is both encouraging and discouraging. I hope this makes sense. Trust me when I say it is definitely more encouraging than not to read this post! I have had it bad the last few weeks and finally caught a break part of today. I am so happy to know you are so far along and feeling good!! Your blog is an awesome place for me to go to and I am so happy you have blogged your journey - it is very helpful to us that are in the beginning and losing hope. I have already cried to my husband 3 times that I wanted to go to the store for some steroid cream just to feel better for a day! Pathetic, I know, but this thing puts you right to the edge of sanity some days.