Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Patients

Hello blog readers!

I have a little job for you all today.

I want you to go and visit www.itsan.org and click on the tab that says "Stories and Photos".

Then I want you to look at the photos under each name in the list.

I wish EVERY dermatologist and doctor could see these pictures. It would make them think twice about prescribing steroids so readily. There is so much unnecessary suffering caused by over prescribed steroid creams.

I have spent the last 15 years or so suffering with rashy skin that was PREVENTABLE. I can't get those years back. I have very few photos of me in my 20's and early 30's because I was embarrassed how my skin looked. It should have been the prime of my life. I just hope enough people read this blog that I can prevent the same happening to someone else.

By the time my skin has fully healed I will be nearly 40. When my skin is good I will be taking LOTS of photos to compensate for my "lost skin" years.

It shouldn't have happened to me.

It shouldn't happen to babies and young kids.

It shouldn't happen to anybody.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post Louise!!!! I feel the same... I don't want any one else to go through this which is why I'm documenting the most painful and ugly moments of this. :) You have come so far and truly are an inspiration for us!