Monday 11 February 2013

Photos at Almost 15 Months

I am hearing lots of healing stories at the moment, which are really encouraging to me. Juliana, who writes one of the first blogs I ever read on TSW is almost healed now at 22 months in and some members of the Itsan forum are also reporting healed skin.

Anyway, I thought I would post a few progress photos. It is snowing outside again so I am stuck in!
So firstly, my face. The skin is looking quite good here although still not quite normal colour yet. It is not too problematic, more dry than anything, which is easily remedied with a little moisturiser.I find that my skin goes blotchy if I sweat too much, but no fear of that in this cold weather!
My hand looks OK, but the skin looks a bit wrinkly, like an old lady's hand, especially around the finget joints! All in all, not too bad though.
Blotchy neck photo! My neck has been a problem area and continues to be so, especially as i have been wrapping the duvet tight round my neck, which makes it sweat. It still oozes a bit and flakes in the mornings. This is probably my worst area right now.

Looking at the photos I am quite happy. I can see big improvements and I think if we do get any sun, it should zap the last of the rashes. TSW is a fickle beast though, and nothing is certain. Sure beats slapping on loads of steroid cream though!

On a downside, my asthma is still really changeable. A few days ago, I woke up with a really clear chest and was puffing above my normal peak flow. Today I woke up wheezy and couldn't even manage 250, which I'm sure means I am technically dead! I think it is definitely allergy related and I am looking out for patterns and triggers. I'm still doing plenty of lung exercises, but I guess if the cause is allergic, then doing all the lung exercises in the world won't help with that. Any idea of quitting the inhalers seems like a fantasy at the moment and I am not pushing it at all.

No comments: