Thursday 24 January 2013

Teleconference With Dr Rapaport

Itsan have just released the recording of the last international teleconference with Dr Rapaport.

You can listen to it here.

The conference touches on many aspects of steroid addiction and withdrawal that have not been covered in previous conferences or on the website. Dr Rapaport discusses the length of flares and mechanism of flaring and answers questions about use of steroids.

I found it really interesting when he said that if someone is addicted to steroid creams and stops and heals, they could have a reaction if many years later they were to use asteroid cream for a rash because the body "remembers" the reaction that it has to steroids. The moral of the tale is that once you have stopped steroids-stay off them!

He talked about inhalers again, which made me think more about my own inhaler usage. I would really like to get off them because I worry that I won't heal properly if I am still taking steroids into my body. I have cut down to just a morning dose.

No comments: