Thursday 31 January 2013

Interesting Report: Death By Medicine

Trusting my doctor's advice is what got me into this steroid-induced nightmare, so today I am going all "conspiracy theory" and highlighting a report that was published back in 2006 about the dangers of prescribed medicines.

The report was compiled by a group of researchers, who entitled their work "Death by Medicine". The report claims that the number of deaths caused by conventional medicine in the U.S is a staggering 800,000 a year. This is more than the number of deaths by cancer or heart disease. This makes death by medicine the leading cause of death in the U.S.

You can read the report here

I am not anti-doctors or conventional medicine by any means, but my experience with steroid cream addiction has led me to be more circumspect when it comes to prescribed medicine. We cannot blindly accept prescribed medication without questioning its safety and researching possible side effects before we use it. The onus is on us as patients to inform and educate ourselves about the medicines we take into our bodies every day. That goes for so-called "natural remedies" too.

No comments: