Sunday 27 January 2013

In-Between Land

Today I want to talk about that boring stage when you are past the worst of the flaring and you are just waiting to heal.

That's where I am now. I call it limbo-land.

It is lovely that I am over the horrible initial flaring stage; I am less red and have lost a lot of the bad initial symptoms such as tiredness, swelling burning skin and wet wounds. For this I am grateful. I know a lot of people going through this hell would be happy to be where I am right now.

But to be honest, this whole process feels like sitting in a waiting room.

I am well enough to go about my daily business, but my skin is still pink and it still oozes at night. I think a lot of my friends think I am mad when I keep insisting that "I will heal", despite still looking pretty lousy after 14 months off steroids.

I really do believe I will heal, but haven't a clue when. Nothing seems to be happening. So I can't go back to steroids and I just have to sit it out until things get better, which could still be a couple of years from now. In other words, just knuckle down and get on with life.

Great.

No comments: