Tuesday 30 October 2012

Day 356 (photo)

Not much to report other than the fact that I am still yellow and crusty.
I wish I knew why my skin was like this. If I knew what was causing it, I could stop doing it.

I can't describe how embarrassed I feel. The school run is a nightmare. The other moms want to chat to me, but I feel so self conscious, I can't even look people in the eye. They will think I am dirty, having a yellow crusty face. My skin becomes the whole focus. When I go out, I wear a hood and pull my hair as far forward as it will go to hide the skin on my cheeks.

My husband says I shouldn't hide myself away and I can't stop living my life, but to be fair, he isn't the one with the skin problem. He is so used to seeing my skin, it doesn't bother him.

I am supposed to go to the doctor's later for an asthma check, but am thinking of cancelling, because she is going to home in on the way my skin looks and try and push steroids on me. I really wanted to go in and wow her with my skin, so that she would understand why I quit steroid creams. Now, she is just going to think I am an idiot for quitting the creams and getting myself into this state.

I can't sleep at night because all I can feel is wet ooze running down my face. No products seem to work. The domeboro is great at drying up the ooze, but makes my face feel like tight plastic. Vaseline makes the skin gooey and mixes with the skin flakes to make a disgusting paste. Any kind of moisturiser on the skin starts it oozing again.

Every morning I wake up and hope the flare is over, but I look in the mirror and see yellow crust.

Sorry to be so negative. I just wish I could see an end to this. A month is a long time to be flaring.

4 comments:

Brit said...

I'm so sorry you're having a rough flare! A month long is so hard, especially when it's your face, so I really feel for you. I would probably postpone the asthma appointment too, unless you think you need medicine/or something.

Louise said...

Hi brista.
I did end up going to the appointment, but it was ok. She didnt mention my skin!

Brit said...

Good, I'm glad she didn't! And I'm glad you're feeling a little better today. Some day we'll have good, healthy skin and this will have been worth it. :)

Louise said...

So true! Hope you are doing ok too. x