Monday 30 July 2012

Day 253 Reaching Out to the Media

Another good skin day. I'm seeing improvements daily and people are noticing!

Today I wrote to a magazine, hoping they will feature a story on Red Skin Syndrome. We need to educate people about the danger of steroid cream overuse.

I wish the media would publish more info on TSW. I know that a week or so ago, a few itsan members went on the radio to talk about it and also someone managed to get their story printed in an eczema journal. It would be great to be able to go on TV and talk about this in front of thousands of viewers.

I know that the blogs and itsan site reach thousands of people, but I wish that we could do more so that knowledge of TSW was mainstream.

Every day, people slap steroids on their babies and young kids in the belief that these creams will help them. It is so sad that they are not made aware of the dangers of using these creams for extended periods on the skin.

1 comment:

Alice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.