Monday 12 March 2012

Day 113 (photos)

My skin was oozing very badly in the night and at one point I woke up with  a soaking wet neck and chest. It was very unpleasant.

When I finally got up for the day, my hair was matted up with sticky ooze, which dried flaky in the hair. The whole of the back of my scalp was wet. I hope that the oozing stage will end soon. I have been oozing pretty much non stop for almost four months now, although I have had calm skin times in between. It is good to read about people on the google group who have come through the other side of the oozing stage and I hope that it happens to me soon.

I haven't put any photos on the site because I don't think there is any change in my skin, but for the sake of continuity I have taken two this morning.
The skin on my chin and neck is blotchy and flaky and still sore. At night it oozes clear fluid, like sticky sweat, which dries to a powder . I suppose, looking at the photo, it looks less red and angry than previously, but it still is a long way from healing. My face feels hot today, so flare number 6 is still holding on tenaciously.
My arm is looking quite a lot better, but is still dry and flaky. The skin is not normal, but it is not burning and red, so it gives me hope that this area is constantly improving, albeit very slowly. Skin colour is returning to normal and my arm has no oozing, unlike my neck.

I'm excited about the work that Kelly Palace is doing to start up ITSAN. Hopefully, the new resource site should be up and running in a few weeks, which will be great for people like me who are coming off the steroid creams. I hope my blog shows people what damage misuse of these creams do to the skin, and if someone is considering starting to use steroid creams on a patch of eczema, they should be aware of what could potentially happen to their skin with prolonged use of the creams.

1 comment:

Joey V. said...

Hi Louise, I had oozing on my back of the thigh for about 5 or 6 months, and the Epsom salts helped along with the spray I got at Walgreens for poison ivy. Hope you get a break, friend!