Tuesday 14 February 2012

Day 86 Getting the Lymph Moving

Feeling pretty good today. The wet wound on my leg has scabbed over with a papery thin scab, so I am hoping it will heal.

I have been reading a lot about lymph and its role in the body. Basically, it is a fluid that transports all the nasty stuff and toxins away from the cells. Unlike blood, which is pumped around the body by the heart, lymph has no pump and relies on body movement to get moving around. This means that people who live a sedentary lifestyle often feel very sick because the lymph is not moving efficiently.

One of the best ways to get the lymph moving is by getting a small trampoline and bouncing on it, as this has the effect of pumping the lymph around the body. Try googling "lymph rebounding" for some great, well written articles on the subject.

As I have no trampoline, I have put a large springy cushion from the sofa onto the floor and spent 5 minutes bouncing on it to get my lymph flowing and prevent this horrible edema in my legs.

Some days I swear I am going insane, but at least this is a fun method to keep healthy!

No comments: