Friday 27 January 2012

Day 68 Flare After Cooking

After a good day yesterday, I experienced a "mini flare" on the evening. I sometimes get this, when I have been busy cooking and I wonder if it is brought on by the heat of the kitchen. By 6:00 p.m. my skin was quite red and I was desperate to get into the bath as soon as possible.

My skin was a bit wet during the night, particularly in the elbow creases, backs of my legs and my chest area, I put a silk scarf around my neck and tucked it into my bra to absorb the ooze.This morning I woke up feeling a little bit sore and stinging. My skin still looks OK, but I am a bit worried that I may be slowly heading towards my next flare over the weekend.

It is really good to see the amount of new people joining the Google support group and taking steps to break free of steroid addiction. We have had many uplifting stories recently, of people who are close to being completely healed after many months of withdrawal. These stories give me a lot of hope.

It is sad the people with Red Skin Syndrome face a lot of ignorance from doctors. People assume that you have eczema because you stopped steroids. This is not true. The rash is not eczema! It is the blood vessels dilating in response to the steroid withdrawal. When I had eczema as a child, it was nothing like this.

No comments: